Sugar Free Triple Shot

It's not what I need in order to give you my brutal honesty - it's just breakfast.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

It's not what you think ...

I hope I never have to say that ...

Anyways, back to my previous post.

It isn't where one may presume sugar free's true skills lie.

No, it's not the dazzling smile, 4-inch heels, witty repartee, or the way I like to purr at somewhat inappropriate times. It's that opposing counsel invariably ends up thinking that I'm on their side. Of course, there are other things at play - I compliment a cut of a suit, notice a new hair cut and a push up bra never hurts. But, I truly believe that the most damning information I've received is from plaintiff's counsel who believe that I'm a really good person who just happen to work for really evil people. I'm just here doing a job for my client.

And it helps that I'm nice. I'm pleasant. Generally, plaintiff's attorneys are overworked, stressed out and treated poorly by other attorneys. I treat them well. I behave (save a few) as if I enjoy spending this time with them. Because, surely in all of their wisdom and experience - I will learn something from them. Not really - I may learn that they have an extremely distracting shoe fetish and that I should be the attorney dealing with them - no matter the case.

Are we deposing a fact witness? I've been known to go off the record to make a joke. Let's make our time together enjoyable. That's what I do. And, they let their guard down and share.

Do you have other theories? Let's share.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Hm. Interesting.

6/04/2006 6:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

7/20/2006 5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home